[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Thursday Update

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Update

Hooray for gloomy Wednesday being behind me, not to be dealt with again for 6 more days!

Today is going great.

-I swam, during which time I realized that my goal of swimming 3000 yards in one hour is close to being achieved, especially if I stop gossiping during workouts!

-I ate my favourite snack, which I credit myself for inventing but I am sure someone else has come up with this before:
1 grapefruit, peeled and halved and split into segments
walnut pieces (proportion to taste)
raisins (proportion to taste)
1 teaspoon honey
-OR- if you are feeling virtuous and/or carcinogenically immune, substitute splenda for honey


-I secretly did my part to NOT help the Republicans, in order to make up for the fact that I am registered to vote in California, not Nevada, and thus cannot take part in this week's caucus

-I devised some plans to bring my art into the year 2008... be on the lookout!

-I put off reading next week's book club book for yet another day. It's called "Three Cups of Tea", about this guy who starts schools in Pakistan. It is boring me so far, although I am only on page 2. Why am I not drawn to the do-gooder story?! (pls don't answer that) I want to read about tweakers and sex fiends and unwed moms and people whose shit is not together! Bitchy, I know. Maybe I should start a Dissatisfied Cynics Book Club - interested parties can comment anonymously and we'll get this rolling.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home