[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Still Not a Snow Bunny

Friday, January 18, 2008

Still Not a Snow Bunny

After two good weeks of indoor trainer workouts on my bike, I decided yesterday I'd had enough. I braved the 34-degree clear but windy 3:30 in the afternoon Tahoe roads, seemingly well-dressed...

I was so cold after 1 hour that I headed straight to the gym for my run. It took me a good half hour on the treadmill to even begin to feel my toes.

Several options and possibilities exist:
- I have bad circulation and shouldn't even bother with Out Side
- I have OK circulation but shouldn't have counted on late afternoon sun for warmth
- Wool socks, monster-size booties,thick leg warmers, bib shorts, craft turtle neck, jersey, wind vest, wind jacket, K2 survival gear gloves, and hat with ear flaps are insufficient
- I am a pansy

It will be a couple weeks before I test this out again.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger achilles3 said...

your last sentence leans toward pansy :-)

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're looking at this all wrong! You just need several each of all the Craft layer system pieces for winter training.

It's not a problem, it is a shopping opportunity!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Charlie_A said...

Toe heater packs. They work and if you're back after a couple hours, wrap them in plastic and you can use them the next day.

Minnesota tip

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home