[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: 1983 and 1985

Thursday, April 24, 2008

1983 and 1985

We have my dear aunt to thank for these...


Here are all the cousins, with my grandparents, in the garden of what is now my mom's house. My mom dressed me and my brother in coordinating stripes for the occasion, and cut our hair to match too. I am the second kid from the left in the first row, pouting because my shirt doesn't have a unicorn I guess? But the real gem here is my cousin John, sitting next to me with the awesome glasses.


I am still an excellent speller and counter, as I was then. (Sorry Uncle Tony for leaving you out of this list?). Dixie lived to the grand old age of 41, she actually outlived Flee who was her daughter, the product of an afternoon escape to the little stallion pony down the road in the early 1970's. Naughty Dixie! Both ponies are buried in the pasture. The fields are now filled with a new bunch of happy horses and ponies, the littlest of whom, Munchie, is teaching the next generation how to ride and how to deal with bucks and kicks and stolen carrots.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Garrett Lau said...

Cute. Since Dixie and Flee were both mares, "Mareland" is an appropriate spelling.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That was the cutest post ever. I love the fam photo!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was born in 1985.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Wonder said...

Courtenay
I have a similar pic of my twin brother and me. Folks always used to say, "You have such cute boys Mrs. Green!" Ahh well. Great, Great, post!!

8:45 PM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

PRICELESS! I swear, that poopy pants look on your face was a family picture staple for me...and I didn't even get forced to match clothes with my sister!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Marit C-L said...

Can't wipe the grin off my face. Aw shucks, this one is a keeper!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Love the spelling--very familiar phonetic work there--I guess your neices and nephews come by it honestly. . .great to see Mimi and Captain!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home