[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Putting Down the Greg Crutch

Friday, April 11, 2008

Putting Down the Greg Crutch

From the birth of the thought of the idea of my multisport career, Greg has been at my side - teaching me to swim, stuffing me into my wetsuit, telling me how to get it off, explaining wacky rules (e.g. when you can get on your bike, when you can get off it, when you can take your helmet off, all the nonsense about the strap, why there is no neutral wheel support), cheering, helping, and telling me I am doing a good job.

Also he makes all my swim workouts for me. If you ask me about my swimming all I can answer is "I just do what Greg tells me to do?"

ANYWAYS, this weekend is my first triathlon of the year, and my Greg Crutch can't come! Ack! I am going to have to think for MYSELF on race morning! Ack! Who am I going to ask "Greg I'm hungry what should I do?!" Ack! What if I have to make a decision of some sort regarding clothing?! Who's going to help me pump my tires??? Who's going to take pictures of me?!?!!?

Self Sufficiency, here I come (with the assistance of a cell phone)(also, Loren expect a visit and a "help!" from me on Sunday morning).

Ack!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

Ooooohhhhh! You'll be FINE! You'll be great! I'll be thinking about you and sending lots and lots of good vibes your way. You'll do GREAT! I just know it.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

So long as I don't have a fever I'll be there with the Paddle-wheel gang. Listen for the screaming from a BWM X5 and that's us. I'll even pump your tires - mostly because you read my rediculous posts. I'll also do it - because triathletes do that. You have to give me your AXE from your goodie bag though. You need 1 gel on the bike. Maybe one on the start of the run. 1 bottle of water max. You'll be done before you'd consider yourself warmed up. Clothing: tri suit. It's a simple sport.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just catching up with old posts -- Devon and her??! Oh, he's roadkill on the heart highway and doesn't even know it yet. Someone rescue that kid!!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to know that Greg has replaced me to answer that age-old question of yours, "I'm hungry, what should I do??" :-)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Have a great race--we'll be thinking of you!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. I'll be there next weekend.Totally lost and confused.

8:57 PM  
Blogger achilles3 said...

ROCK ON!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have this one in the bag! YOU CAN DO IT! I'm so anxious to read about your race and hear about Greg's reactions. GO HARD! GO FAST!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home