[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Yesterday

Friday, April 18, 2008

Yesterday

Apparently yesterday was so great I wanted to do it again - at least the parts about waking up at 9 and oohing and aahing about how fantastic Kitty is and watching "What It Takes" for the second time in as many days. I'd also like a do-over on last night's batch of cookies, but I think I'll save my slave-away-in-front-of-the-oven time for maybe Sunday or Monday.

Anyhow, back to the movie - there are a lot of things I really like about it. For those of you who don't know it (I am assuming it's not many, considering even my VAC teammate Lara who has never raced a triathlon had seen it!), it follows 4 top ironman pros as they prepare for the 2005 Ironman World Championships - Peter Reid, Luke Bell, Heather Fuhr, and Lori Bowden (who winds up preggers and thus on the sidelines for that year).

I could watch this movie like 25 more times and still not be sick of it - spotting the tons of Oakley models on superstars' heads, staring at footage from Lori's win in 2003 where she looked like she weighed 12 kilos, counting how many times Luke Bell mentions his family (at least once per interview!), loving and admiring everything about Heather Fuhr, identifying all of Peter's Virgo tendencies (Greg is better at that game than I), spotting other IM VIP's who aren't featured in the movie (Dave Scott, Chris Lieto, Simon Lessing, Kate Major, etc.), and BEST OF ALL, THE GERMANS! Norman Stadler's temper tantrum cracks me up, and I WAY TOTALLY HEART FARIS!!! So bummed I don't speak German... his website doesn't have an English version :(

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

what if they made a documentary about you as you train? i totally imagine movies of my life all the time (ok, that sounds concieted but who doesnt imagine their life as a documentary)

8:13 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

i somehow narrate my life as a novel... same type thing i guess. "and the wind was blowing in her hair and there were no gray hairs and she looked so skinny and pretty"
jk

anyhow, emily i did NOT ruin it because that stuff happens in the beginning! sheesh! do your research!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I can't wait to watch this movie. Though I'm glad to know that wasn't a spoiler. ;)

I still don't know what kind of cookies you made. Chocolate chip? PB? I like cookies!

I wish I could wake up on a weekday at 9...sigh...

BUT...I went back to sleep this morning for about a 2.5 hour mid-morning nap and it was sooooooooooooo nice. I love weekends.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

My life is a movie definately--usually I imagine the sound track.

I just burnt a batch of PB cookies because the 3 year old likes to fiddle with the temperature. . .

3:38 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch that movie a lot when I am stuck indoors. Very motivating and like you, I could watch it over and over and not get sick of it. They should make more of these movies!!!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home