[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Super Exciting Tuesday

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Super Exciting Tuesday

So now that I finally filed my taxes and stopped pestering 5 separate people about "HELP I don't have/never got/can't find my w-2/1099/K-1!! Please help!!", life is back to normal. I'll probably find something else to freak out about soon, but for now I am enjoying some couch time with Kitty in front of some stupid show on VH1. We are waiting for the season finale of Real Housewives of New York City to come on at 9.

Anyhow, assuming I put everything into Turbo Tax correctly, for the first time in my life I am getting state and federal refunds! Yay! They are going directly into my newly-established "next visit to the dentist" fund. Every night when I floss, my heartbeat gets faster and I pull that thread around just hoping and hoping that I don't pull out some filling or something. I'm now hoping that having some allocated Dentist cash laying around will diminish my nightly stress a little bit.

In other news, and for those of you who read Greg's blog, this won't be a surprise, but anyway in other news we headed down to Carson City this morning to swim in the 50 meter pool. At first I was quite cranky because we left home late so we got there later than intended so I was inevitably going to be late for work. Also the pool was set up short course yards, not long course meters like I'd hoped, and the water was a warm 81 degrees compared to our own short course pool's 83 degrees, and the water tasted weird, and the only pull buoy they had was one of those teeny junior ones, so I pouted and wondered why the crap we got up at the unGODly hour of 7 a.m. and drove for almost 40 minutes for basically what we have at home.

BUT, by the end of the workout, I decided it was worth it! I don't really know the physiology of it all, but here at 6400' elevation I can't do much more than 100's or an occasional 150 in my main sets. It gets so hard to breathe that my form just falls apart. At Carson's 4800' though, 300's felt like a breeze. Which was a good thing, because very recently my "coaching team" (very loose term for who and what guides my training) pointed out that I have a 1.2 mile swim in 3 weeks and my longest main set thus far has been a mere 1500 yards. So I was instructed to hike that up by about 40% pronto! Being able to do 300's, 400's, and 500's at the Carson pool is thus awesome and very helpful.

Sorry if this is boring. I guess life's a bit boring at the moment, although I did get called a "Bitch!" today in the subject line of an email from some guy who responded to a job ad on craigslist a couple weeks ago, I made the stupid decision to email him back to ask for a resume in something other than Word Perfect format (who still uses that program anyway?!), he proceeded to email me almost daily about the job that I have no actual role in filling beyond passing resumes along, I chose to ignore his obnoxious and poorly-worded emails (stupidity gets one nowhere with me), and I guess he got pissed and emailed me to tell me I am a bitch.

I forwarded it to my boss. Think the guy'll get the job? I doubt it.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, can you work on a refund for me?! I had to pay in through the ass...maybe I should switch to turbo tax?!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Things seem kinda boring right now, don't they? I was lamenting that once the week gets going I really don't have a lot to write about.

Well...I'm having the worst cramps EVER in the history of my LIFE...but I'm not really the type to choose that as the subject of a blog entry. Though there's enough female readership to merit sympathy comments...

ANYWAY. I loved the Turbo Tax thing. I've used the H&R Block e-File for the past 3 years and it makes it a BREEEEEEEZE. I had a friend whose Facebook profile said she just mailed in her taxes and I was like "WHO STILL MAILS THEIR TAXES IN?"

Funny about the resume thing. Last year Matt tried to help a guy out by pointing out some ways that might help him in applying to other places (he wasn't a good fit for Matt's office), and the guy totally took it personally and called him a jerk, etc. People are so rude. And DUMB!

On a side note...I had a recruiter email me last year when I was job searching and offer me a potential opportunity in Mountain View (Palo Alto area, Peninsula)...I replied and said "no thanks, I'm only looking for jobs in the North Bay." She then proceeded to tell me that some people would consider Mountain View the North Bay. Attempting not to be rude, I said that the last time I looked at a map, there was a bridge, a lot of water, and about 80 miles separating Santa Rosa and Mountain View...and that Mtn. View was at the south end of the bay and Santa Rosa at the far nothern end of what's even considered the Bay Area.

This went on...and then I let it go. Clearly she was 'right.' Kind of like Marit's whole "YES, THIS IS A BIKE IN THIS BOX, NOT A TV!" episode.

I didn't know Word Perfect still exists.

Sorry for the long response. :)

p.s. you're going to fly at Wildflower. I'm so jealous of the elevation training! Every time I do the Donner Lake swim in August (you guys should totally do it this year!) I spend the first 30 minutes wondering if I'll actually make it across because of lack of oxygen...

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being in HR I am often in the position of receiving emailed resumes for posted positions. You would be AMAZED at what some people say, omit, what have you. And, yeah, I've been known to delete emails with WP resumes that I can't open. 95% chance they aren't remotely qualified and then they bug you endlessly about the status of the position that they aren't qualified for.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home