[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Firsts

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Firsts

This was a weekend of firsts, in various totally exciting ways.

-I finally swam long-course at the Carson pool this morning! It was awesome.

-I rode a couple of bike routes for the first time this year - yesterday, I rode west along the lake down to Tahoe Pines and back on my TT bike. A nice mostly rolling ride which I haven't done since November - it still kills me that I can spin out on a 53x12 on a short downhill here, the air is that thin! Then today I headed up to the Mt. Rose Lookout on my road bike, which I technically actually haven't done since I visited Greg here last May, before he moved to Oakland with me. I got a few cool photos too:

Here is the view of Incline Village and the Lake from the lookout point, facing mostly West and a little South.


This is the local ski resort, Diamond Peak. The weekend was beautiful and sunny but we still have lots of pockets of snow left.


-Today was the first time I was quick enough to photograph one of the many coyotes trotting around now that the weather has turned warm! I saw this one getting ready to cross Mt. Rose Highway when I was on my bike and I managed to get my new Fuji Finepix z100fd camera out in time. Speaking of, I am so impressed with the quality of the shots - the coyote was about 50 feet away!




-And finally, I broke down and went clothes shopping for Greg today for the first time ever. That's what happens when there is a certain imbalance between people's senses of style and cuteness in the relationship! (Or really, an imbalance in the importance each person places on these things). It was fun. He's going to look super cute next time he goes out in public!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marit C-L said...

I finally got Nathaniel to watch "What NOT to Wear" on TLC. And now he's pretty sylin' in his clothes (is that even a word?) Anyway - he looks great, very clean cut and knows how to dress himself really well. And he looks hot - so after 5 years of marriage it still makes it interesting. Good stuff.

Good luck with Greg - I'm sure that Stacey and Clinton would approve!

Great pictures, by the way...

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shopping for Greg...I think you just took it to a whole new level!

Love the pics and hearing about your outdoor adventures. I was stuck inside all weekend, AGAIN! It's going to go from cold to hot here really quickly I can just tell. Oh...I would have been scared to death of the coyote. Even at 50 feet I would have been sprinting the other direction!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

GORGEOUS pictures. I can't wait for the ride around Lake Tahoe in June!!

So beautiful. Coyote pic is cool, too.

I think that's funny about the Greg shopping. Matt actually has a great sense of style...he just doesn't care. So he alternates between the SAME TWO SHIRTS every time we go out...sigh...so until I get more money to buy him more things (or at least drag him out to pick out a couple more things), it's status quo. At least they look good.

Hooray for well-dressed significant others!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a good sense of style, for a straight guy at least, but like Matt I just get lazy and wear the same 2-4 things all the time. But yes, I like what Court got me and I'll be wearing them...and only them. Just kidding, I'll wear some other stuff, too!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home