[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Rob & Big

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rob & Big

I have a new favourite show on TV, called Rob and Big. It's on MTV so I am sure I am like the last person under 36 years old to discover it, but it's awesome. Rob Dyrdek is a professional skateboarder, Chris "Big Black" Boykin is his best friend, roommate, and bodyguard, Meaty is their bulldog, and, GET THIS, Mini Horse is their Miniature Horse!!! As you may have guessed from my letter below, all you really need to get in with me is a pony. A bulldog certainly doesn't hurt either. But it's not just their 4-legged accessories that make Rob and Big awesome - they are very funny together and both seem to have more than an iota of intelligence.

Which is more than I can say for half the cast of The Real Housewives of New York City - unless either Ramona, Alex, or her pretentious husband Simon with the awful helmet hair get booted off the show, I am not watching Season 2.

On the Netflix side of mindless TV watching, I recently watched Inked: The Best of Season 1. Greg watched it too. I put it on the queue after a string of BAD CHOICES he made that demoted him from his "I Am In Charge Of Netflix" status. And "Inked" is fantastic! Even Greg really liked it, and he has no ink. I definitely recommend it.

And finally, for those of you who are wondering how and what I am actually doing during the countdown to Wildflower... Basically, I'm doing fine and I am starting to "taper", a somewhat foreign concept to me with my bike racing background, I guess I have sort of tapered in the past but there are so many more races on the schedule when you're bike racing that it's a much different concept. I seem to have strained my ankle during my last block of training, probably from hill sprints I am guessing, so I am taking it easy with the running now and icing in front of the TV. This has sort of been the week of the "bagged workout", as in I feel tired and crappy so screw swimming long course/doing a tempo run/doing another threshold interval. But my main goal right now is not to sabotage all the good training I have done over the past months, so I'm not stressing about a few missed workouts. I also seemed to have lost some weight since my last venture onto the scale about a month ago, so that's exciting too.

Anyhow:
I want one.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this show, but that might have to do with my being banded from tv watching or I get really rude comments about what I am watching by the mother of the house.

I have seen the show inked and I do like it, also I do want it, Ink you can have the mini-pony.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Marit C-L said...

Oooooohhhhhhhh! I want one too. And so does Tabbitha (does that count?)

Somehow, I don't think my Other Half would go for it. He wants a dog instead. Humbug.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch Rob and Big ALL THE TIME! I love downloading the new shows to my ipod so I can watch them while clicking away the miles on the treadmill. The time does wuickly and I forget about the pain!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Greg was telling me about this show of yours...it sounds interesting. We're signing up for Netflix so I may have to just give it a go.

That picture is absolutely ADORABLE. Wow...SO CUTE!

Any chance the pounds lost has to do with your lack eating much at lunch time? Ha ha...

I'm SO excited for you for WF! If it weren't such a pain to get down there for I'd come cheer you on and be the Greg substitute.

Only a few more days!

10:28 AM  
Blogger GGG said...

Rob & Big = BEST SHOW EVER!!!
Loved the episode where they posed for the cereal box dressed up like old ladies.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Such a cute pony! If I watched TV I'd probably love the show.
At what point do you worry about loosing muscle rather than fat?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

I haven't seen that episode. But I have seasons 1 and 2 on my netflix so hopefully I will see it soon. Although, I think Mini Horse is a season 3 addition?!?!?! Not sure. We'll see.

I am in awe of folks who can watch stuff on iPod screens!! Katie how do you do it! I am too scared of falling off the treadmill to do much more than stare ahead of me.

And finally, I am not too worried about losing muscle that I need at this point. I would be if I had dramatic weight loss in a short period of time, like over 6 lbs in a month. Also, since I am still in switchover mode from bike racing to triathlon, I do want some muscle loss - get those big crit-racer thighs outta here! No need for them!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOO!!! I like those thighs!!!

actually it will be good for your triathlon racing, but NOOO!!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Goodwyf Allie said...

Gotta love a man who loves thighs!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So what you're saying is...I really should be into bike racing instead of triathlon...

Damn thighs.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home