[code"> [/code"> Courtenay Brown: Made In France

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Made In France

I am taking a break from trying to wrestle my new Michelin Pro2 Race Tires onto my race wheels... yes these are tires that I purchased on my own, even after my wrestling match from a month ago when I was trying to get my team-issue michelin's onto my team-issue-not-really-good-for-tri's race wheels.

"Made In France" is apparently code for "your fatass American crap will be too big for our svelte stuff" because ONCE AGAIN I can't get the f***ers onto the wheels, even though we are now talking about a different make and model wheelset from before.

I'm already practicing my eyelash-batting in the hopes of enlisting some strong male help. Either that or I am just going to return these and get some nice big 'merican tires.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Loren Pokorny said...

warm the tires up with a hair dryer - I did it last week. It works wonders and you don't need to be stronger than a mouse wielding analyst to get them on then.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Courtenay said...

yeah but then i will have to locate a battery operated hair dryer to carry in my jersey pocket for if i get a flat.

plus i already embarked on a feud with the company i ordered them from, they want to charge me a 15% restocking fee, which i say is bullshit, it's not like i don't like the color or something, the stupid things WON'T GO ON THE WHEEL. i am awaiting a callback from the big manager, the peons left him a message while he was getting lunch.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is SO lame. I got some serious cuts and scars on my hands once from trying to get some unwieldy tires onto my wheels.

UGH. Good luck. :(

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea Loren is good with tires... ben however gets glue everywhere! I have yet to try to wrestle with tires, first I need to fix my gearing.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home